Saturday, January 26, 2008

Love of the Land by Joshua, age 8

Joshua from Plymouth, Minnesota sent in this song. I can really imagine this one being belted out "with grace and pride" from the top of a tall mountain somewhere! I especially like the line about "clouds of every shape and size." It's a good reminder of all the diversity and beauty that exist in our world. Thanks for a great song, Joshua!

Post a comment for Joshua and let him know how much you enjoyed "Love of the Land."

Love of the Land
by Joshua, age 8

O the love that we share
with freedom everywhere
under this turquoise blue sky
with clouds of every shape and size
I sing this song of grace and pride-
to the mountains and the rivers
to the valleys and the sky
to the hills far beyond us
and the ocean o so wide.

14 comments:

K. M. Johnson said...

Great song, Joshua. I'm glad to see another guy likes to write songs too. We can't let girls win every month!
Thanks for your song.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Josh! I'm very proud of you! - Dad

Anonymous said...

what a great song
i did not realize you were a budding poet
good job Joshua!
see you soon
much love
auntie diauntie

Anonymous said...

What a super song from an eight year old. I can only imagine how many more songs he will create.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joshua,

You sure notice the world around you and love and appreciate it's beauty. And you are able to express it as clearly as you did in "Love of the Land".

Thank you for helping me see too through your song!

Peggy

Anonymous said...

Josh -- cool song! You are quite the composer and patriot. We are honored to be related to you. Congrats~! Abbe

Anonymous said...

Josh, I am so proud of your beautiful patriotic song!! You really are quite the composer. I will always remember the night you came to us around 11:00pm to tell us you had composed a song! I especially enjoy hearing you sing it!! I love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi, Josh. I loved your song from the moment that I heard it! You indeed have a special "spark" in you. I am so very proud of you.

Mrs. Hill

Barbara R. said...

I am soooo proud of you. You express yourself so well and there are such true feelings in this song. I'm sure there will be a lot more to come. Keep up the good work. I love you, a bushel and a peck.....Grandma Barbara

Barbara R. said...

josh levitt
January 28, 2008
Great song Josh. I loved it & love you too.
Auntie Judy

Anonymous said...

Great Job Joshua!!! The lyrics are wonderful. I heard you are putting it to music! I can't wait to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Josh! I heard you are putting it to music. I can't wait to hear it. Missy @ Adv. Club

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thats a fantastic song. I really hope that you create more poems and songs just as enjoyable as this. Its brilliant!

Unknown said...

Josh, your song is awesome! You made us feel proud of our wonderful country with your great lyrics. Keep up the good work. Your pals, Aaron, Isabel, Emma, David and Patricia