Thursday, March 13, 2008

Since My Friend Moved Away by Oksana, age 6

Oksana from Great Falls, Virginia sent in this beautiful and heartbreaking song about a friend who is suddenly gone. I love that there is so much emotion in this song. So many of us have people we love who live far away, and we can *feel* those same emotions through this song. Great work, Oksana! I can't wait to see what you write next...who knows, it could be about a brand *new* friend!

Post a comment for Oksana and let her know how much you enjoyed "Since My Friend Moved Away."

Since My Friend Moved Away
By Oksana, age 6

I once knew a little girl
Then she moved a wa a ay
She was my very bestist friend
Then I never saw her again
Every night I was sufering
Dreaming of her and me running in the fields
and playing in the flowerrrrrrs

9 comments:

K. M. Johnson said...

Good song. I hope you find a new bestist friend and remember the fun times you had with your old friend.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Oksana! You are the best songwriter! We love your song and we hope that you will write more soon. xxxx MAMA, DADDY, KALYNA

Anonymous said...

Dear Oksana,

Congratulations on winning the contest. You wrote a beautiful and sad song. I hope you are not sad anymore. I hope you will write many more poems and songs and stories.

Babciya.

Anonymous said...

Well done oksana

Lets write another one when you are in florida
Love
Poppa ken

Anonymous said...

Nice song... I think anyone who has ever moved away from friends has hoped for a song like this to be written about them!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Oksana! I'm sure you'll have many, many more wins in the future.

Chris W.

Anonymous said...

hey Oksana,
good song sounds like a lament--- sad song very sad song
hope you find a friend son to run and chase the wind

p.t. lada

Anonymous said...

Hi Oksana, I read your poem awhile back, and I still remember it. It touched my heart. When I was 6 and she was 5 yrs old we met. We found each other again after 556 years and we are still good friends today. You wrote about things that deeply your heart...this is good...I hope you find each other again someday.

Unknown said...

I am sooo touched my your song I am only eleven but to me I think that song is sooo amazing you were one of the people that inspired me to have a hit song thanks alot and love your song! (: