Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Time Will Fly: Romany, age 10

Romany from Queensland, Australia sent in this song complete with an audio file that she created. You'll hear Romany singing all the vocals and playing piano, too! Her 15 year old brother did the recording at home. I think it turned out great, don't you? I absolutely love the first line of this chorus..."Time will fly, and tears will dry"...how excellent is that? Congratulations, Romany...you wrote a hit song!

Post a comment for Romany and let her know how much you like her song.

Time Will Fly
by Romany, age 10



Verse 1
I can see people living on the land
The rain won’t come so the rivers turn to sand
The cattle are starving and the crops are dying now

Pre-chorus
The farmers look to God and say how,
How will we get through this?

Chorus
Time will fly and tears will dry
The rain will fall, the grass will grow
The farmers then, will reap what they sow
Time will fly

Verse 2
I can see homes burning in the fire
The smoke and flames getting higher and higher
The horses are running, and the kids are crying now

Pre-chorus
The families look to God and say how,
How will we get through this?

Chorus
Time will fly and tears will dry
The rain will fall, the trees will grow
The families then will make their way home
Time will fly

Verse 3
I can see floods flowing over roads
The trucker’s sitting there wondering where to go
The clouds are black and heavy and the river’s rising now

Pre-chorus
The people look to God and say how,
How will we get through this?

Chorus
Time will fly and tears will dry
The roads will clear, the clouds will go
They’re happy now because they know
Time will fly

Time will fly and tears will dry
The roads will clear, the clouds will go
They’re happy now because they know
Time will fly, time will fly, time will fly.

17 comments:

K. M. Johnson said...

Brilliant, Romany. (And nice work on the sound engineering to the brother.) I especially like the vivid images you use. Very well done.

bethye said...

wow, romany! i'm totally blown away. the lyrics and your harmonies are both fabulous. when are you coming out with a cd?? :)

Unknown said...

I love this song!!! I was really moved by the words and your voice. You are so talented. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Like your song very good! i am ten too! I also won check out my song once upon a time it should be rigth below your's. And again love the song!

reba said...

I have a friend who really wants to visit to Australia, and I can't wait to show her your song. It speaks so well about what is going on in your country, and the beauty of the tune and your voice helps make the sad words feel hopeful. Thanks for writing it!

Anonymous said...

Hello Romany,

I am glad you wrote to "I Wrote A Hit Song", so I could hear your wonderful song! It really should be recorded and go out ALL over the world to encourage people. You are brilliant! I believe God is going to use you mightily...keep looking up to Him!

"And the little children will lead them". Isaiah 11:6

A Grandmother

Unknown said...

Romany! You are amazing! Do the world a favor, okay? Never stop writing songs. Never stop singing them either.

lucy h. said...

oh my gosh romany
i just love your song!
i just love the chorus time will fly and tears will dry

Anonymous said...

your a great song writer romany i hope you keep writing songs and singing with you amazing talent!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're really good,plz
keep writing.

Bergan said...

Oh my gosh Romany. The lyrics are AMAZING, your voice is AMAZING,and you are AMAZINGLY talented.

Eloise said...

This is probably one of the best songs I've ever heard. Brings a tear to my eye, oh yes. Amazing.

Unknown said...

Wow your song is AWESOME I LOVE IT!! :)

Amanda said...

awesome!!! wow love it

Unknown said...

wow i love the song

Anonymous said...

oo wwow

Mia said...

I love your song!
It's sad, but yours is really well written. I wrote a song like that once, but it wasn't any good.